The Sleep Disorders Clinic provides initial and follow-up sleep studies for up to six patients per night.
Access to Care
By Referral Only. Active Duty has priority. TRICARE Prime enrollees, to include family members and retirees will be scheduled only when appointment availability permits.
Sleep Disorders Clinic appointments are made by referral only. Once you have seen your Primary Care Manager and a referral has been submitted, please allow 48 hours, then call the Sleep Disorders Clinic at 757-314-7603.
Don't be a no-show!
McDonald Army Health Center wants your help in reducing the number of "No Shows". Patients who miss appointments or arrive late by 10 minutes or more to their scheduled appointments are considered "No Shows". "No Shows" limit the number of available appointments. The Health Center request that beneficiaries cancel at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Please arrive 15 minutes early. You must be on time or your study will need to be re-scheduled. This is an overnight stay with a discharge time of 7:00 a.m. the following morning. Please adhere to the following instructions:
- Please come alone. There are no accommodations for anyone other than you, the patient.
- On the day of the study, take all prescribed medication. If you take medication to help you sleep, please bring that with you.
- Avoid caffeine and tobacco products after lunch on the day of the study.
- No consumption of alcohol on the day of the study.
- Eat before your appointment. Snacks are not provided and vending machines are not available.
- Bring appropriate attire to sleep in. You may bring items that help with sleep, such as a book or pillow.
- Weapons of any sort are prohibited.
- To ensure an accurate and high quality test, we ask that you not wear lotion, perfume, cologne, etc., as well as no hair pieces, weaves or braids. Hair must be freshly washed with no hair oils, gels, mousse or hairspray.
If you need to cancel
please call the Sleep Disorders Clinic at 757-314-7603 within 72 hours of your appointment. This allows time for the appointment to be offered to other beneficiaries.
If you are getting ready to retire, PCS or ETS
please schedule your appointments in a timeframe that allows for results and issue of equipment, when indicated, prior to your retirement and/or departure date.
In the event of inclement weather
please call the AOD at 757-314-7859 or 757-508-2949.