Women's Health refers to comprehensive women’s health care as well as health issues that are unique to women, including:
- Pregnancy (McDonald Army Health Center does not provide pregnancy care at our facility. Please discuss your best care options with your primary care provider)
- Conditions of the Female Organs
Be sure to get early and regular prenatal care to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy. You should also get recommended breast cancer, cervical cancer, and bone density screenings.
Our goal is to ensure the health and readiness of all women at every stage of life.
Women’s Health Services
We provide the following Women’s Health services at McDonald Army Health Center 757-314-7606:
- Annual well woman visits
- Management of abnormal PAP tests
- Birth control counseling - options include prescriptions, intra uterine device insertion, Nexplanon insertion injections or surgery
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Infertility evaluations and treatment
- Management of menstrual irregularities, menopausal transitions and hormonal issues
- Breast evaluation and issues
- Evaluation and treatment of gynecologic infections and other gynecologic conditions
- Outpatient surgery for the diagnosis and treatment of various gynecologic conditions
- Postpartum care
How to Make an Appointment
Call the Hampton Roads Appointment Center at 1-866-645-4584
, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m, and Saturday/Sunday/Holidays (except Christmas Day) 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. appointment for Women's Health and Pregnancy Services.
TRICARE Covered Services
TRICARE covers well-woman exams annually for women under age 65 with no cost-share or copayment.
TRICARE offers coverage for many women’s health services, including:
For women who are age 65 and older and using TRICARE For Life, you can still get women’s preventive screenings. Get more information about these and other TRICARE covered services at: https://tricare.mil/coveredservices/isitcovered/